The demand for dental equipment has increased significantly in recent years. Industry sources forecast a positive outlook for the market of dental products in coming years. Cosmetic dental work has become increasingly popular in Myanmar. Some of the procedures include teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, bonding, dental crowns, dental implants and white fillings. Business sources forecast the dental market to increase at an annual rate of 10 to 15 percent as the Indonesian economy grows and the awareness of health care rises.
Several factors that influence growth in the Myanmar market are:
• The majority of dental equipment is imported
• Increased awareness of dental health in the general population
• Government campaigns to improve oral care
• Consumer lifestyles • Growing affluence has increased the demand for cosmetic dental work.
• Proliferation of new dental clinics operated by dental specialists
• New specialists are entering the marketplace skilled and trained with state of the art equipment
• Demand for dental services has fueled the need to replace outdated dental technology
• General modernization of public and private hospitals and health centers
Based on interviews with dental suppliers, best sales prospects for suppliers are high technology dental equipment and supplies in the mid-price range. Other products with high potential include dental materials, burs, endodontic devices and supplies, handpieces, instruments and materials for modern aesthetic dentistry.